Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActionList problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim55

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2004
GB
At the start of an iterative piece of code, I set a variable to true and then back to false at the end of the process.

This variable appears in the OnUpdate event of an ActionList and is used to enable or disable a range of Actions while the process is running.

The trouble is that the OnUpdate event is not called during the process, so that the enabling or disabling never happens. It does get called, however, once the process is finished.

How can I force the OnUpdate event to trigger? And incidently, when should it trigger?

Thanks.

If you would allow for 'other cycles' to run, as with Application.ProcessMessages (or with Sleep(20)), most likely the event will execute when you expect it.

HTH

Thanks TonHu. However, I did try your suggestions before I posted with no luck.

I did solve it though. In Delphi 7 you can use UpdateActions which does exactly what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back