Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Action Query Closes Access when opened in Design View

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmlatham

Programmer
Oct 12, 2001
US
When I try to open an Microsoft Access 2000 Action Query in Design View, the entire application closes. The Action Query is a Make-Table Query that used Linked Tables. The queries is part of several queries that make a report. If you run the all the queries, the report is produced, we just can't edit the Action query. We have compact and repaired the db, compiled the VBA code (although no VBA code is used in this particular query) and we refereshed the links. Some of the Actions queries will open, it is just a select help. All help is appreciated.

I would grab the query SQL and paste it into a new query. Delete the old query and rename the new query with the old query's name. I expect the query is corrupt.
To get the SQL, open the debug window by pressing Ctrl+G
Enter:
? CurrentDb.QueryDefs("qmakYourQueryName").SQL
and press enter.
You can now copy the result and paste it into a new query. Save and confirm that it works. Then delete your old query.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back