Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

action forward not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvkanaskar

Programmer
Nov 19, 2008
US
Hello All

I use jboss 4.0.0 to run my struts application. I am trying to update one of the action tags in struts-config.xml as shown below -

The old action tag is -

<action path="/RetrieveQueryAction" type="edu.wustl.catissuecore.action.querysuite.RetrieveQueryAction"
name="saveQueryForm"
validate="false"
scope="request">
<forward name="success" path=".catissuecore.queryViewPageDef"/>
<forward name="failure" path=".catissuecore.errorPageDef"/>
</action>

And the new action tag is -

<action path="/RetrieveQueryAction" type="edu.wustl.catissuecore.action.querysuite.RetrieveQueryAction"
name="saveQueryForm"
validate="false"
scope="request">
<forward name="success" path=".catissuecore.queryViewPageDef"/>
<forward name="failure" path=".catissuecore.errorPageDef"/>
<forward name="pageOfSimpleQueryInterface" path="/SimpleQueryInterface.do"/>
</action>

Here i have just added 3rd forward named pageOfSimpleQueryInterface which goes to another action. But when i invoke action RetrieveQueryAction to call the pageOfSimpleQueryInterface forward, it just displays a blank page and The action 'SimpleQueryInterface' works fine - i know that.
Thus, for the previous 2 forwards it works perfect, but not for the new forward. Can anybody tell why the 3rd forward is not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nitin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back