Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Action Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonford

Programmer
Sep 12, 2002
GB
Is there any way that I can 'hide' the 'All Records' section of the Action Bar ?
I know that I can hide the whole action bar, but my only problem if I do that comes if I try to use a form to do a Find. Then I cannot use the OK / CANCEL options which come up on the Action Bar.

What I'm trying to do is stop my users from accessing ALL records.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks --- Jerry ---

The Action Bar is "all or nothing", with no way to hide the "All Records" option.

But your users can use the Enter or Esc for Ok and Cancel - just a little training would be needed.

Note that if a User does a manual find and they enter <> in a field that always has data in it, they will get &quot;All Records&quot; anyway!

So perhaps what you want to do is have them enter their Find criteria into variable-type fields and then you set up the Find as a Named Find/Sort for them. This way you could check the variables in a macro to see if they are OK before running the Find.

Sue Sloan
XpertSS.com

Thanks Sue !! A great help once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back