Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT Outlook Addin won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

debsw1

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
GB
Having problems getting the ACT Outlook Addin to load, it always appears as an inactive addin and you can tick it and click ok but it never loads, it gives a runtime error. I've patched ACT to SP1 and Hotfix 6, been all through the Answer ID: 23022, done a repair on Office. It is only 1 pc in a company running ACT on 7 pc's in total. The ACT addins appear in all other Office applications, just not Outlook.

Customer is running ACT Pro 2011. PC is Windows 7 with Office 2010.

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards
Debbie

Mike, thanks for the response.

Windows 7 is 64bit and Office 2010 is 32bit. ACT was installed after Office, I have tried a repair on Office but that makes no difference.

I haven't done that document id, will look through it.

Regards
Debbie

Has Outlook disabled the Addin? Go to Help > Disabled Items ..

Level 1 Support Technician

Sorry 2010 is, File > section Options > section Add-ins > drop down list Manage > Disabled Items > button Go…

The ACT Outlook addin appears under the Inactive Application Addins, when you go in to manage the addins it is unticked, you tick it, close Outlook and reopen, but checking the addin again, it has a runtime error loading.

I have a no of things still to try, disabling UAC, trying different profile etc. but customer now away on work business for a month.

Any other idea's would be gratefully received.

Regards
Debbie

Anything in the event viewer application logs?

Yes there was, cannot remember exact wording and cannot find a note of them, sure it was more along the same lines as runtime error.

Won't be able to get info for a while now unfortunately and I cannot recreate the issue in house.

Regards
Debbie

Had an issue with an Outlook profile. Re-created the profile, problem fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back