Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT Groups and Subgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmiocid

Technical User
Jul 29, 2007
ES
Hi

Does anybody know how to make a list of your existing Groups and Subgroups in ACT, as they appear in the Detail View area?

I am trying to get exported, printed out, or get a copy in any format, of my Groups and Subgroups

I´ve tried Group reports, export data, etc.. but none gives you exactly that: the list of all the Groups with their Subgroups inside them, weird! I wonder if it is possible at all?

I only get either the Groups only, or the whole Groups and Subgroups mixed up in alphabetical order...

Any ideas

Thanks

.. by the way, this is ACT by Sage 2010

elmiocid

Hi,

In my version, I click the buttons on the left-hand-side to show Groups and I get to view my Groups in a column (the tree you mentioned?) with plus signs next to them indicating they have Subgroups, I can then click on the plus signs to see the Subgroups nested under each Group. This is exactly what I am trying to export, print...anything.. This is the default view or Detail View tab on the top.

The tab next to it is the List View. For some silly reason this is the only way to export them. But this list shows all of the Groups and Subgroups alphabetically thus mixing them all up in a crazy soup!

Do you know how can I export, print, get a file of... the Detail view with the orderly list of Groups and their Subgroups under them?

Thanks

Yes ... You can add the hierarchy level field to the list, but would be good if you could add a column showing the parent group (if any) that could then be sorted

You can get what you need with: Reports - Group Reports - Group List

If that doesn't go far enough, might need to use OLEDB

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back