Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Act Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

kistinga

Technical User
Apr 1, 2007
US
Has anyone attended an Act Conference? I've been recieving information about the upcoming one in Chicago - has anyone gone and found them to be helpful? We can't decide if we should go or not.

Thanks!
Anna

There are many different types of ACT! Conferences... some are just user groups, some are run by different people.

Any value would depend on who is organising it, what they are providing and how close this matches your needs...

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

We were looking at the Sage Summit. It looks good on paper. I was just curious if anyone had any first hand experience with a conference that they would recommend that we attend. We've had Act for about 2 years now, 40 users, and very developed, complex databases. The only reason that I'm hesitating is because I've had some frustrating experiences with some of the folks there when I have had specific technical questions.

A lot of the Sage (rather than ACT!) conferences have been light on ACT! info in favour of the bigger Sage accounting and CRM products.

For training, and even for support, you can't beat speaking to a local ACT! Certified Consultant. the complete list is at - but if you let me know what area you're in I might be able to recommend one of the better ones in your area as I know most of them

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

I was afraid of that. We don't really have any specific questions - we just want to hear more about how others are using it and to get ideas from them. My company is in Iowa City, Iowa, but I support the database from Augusta, GA. Have you been to any conferences that have been helpful?

Thanks!

I've been working with ACT! for 20 years... so whats helpful to me would not suit you.

In Georgia (that's GA, right?), I can recommend: Bob Foster, Gary Smith or Brenda Dixon.

Not sure who is closest to August, but you can can find their details at
Contact the one you prefer and ask them about any local Sage conferences and they would tell you if there is value for you to attend.

Just wondering, do you have a web link for the Conference for the one you are looking at? I might be able to give you more info... but cetainly the ACC in that area would be able to help

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back