Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT! 6.0 Licensing for multi users

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabhawk

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
I have been asked to setup a PIM system for a small workgroup (3-4) to track sales leads and clent followups. Can I just purchase single copies of ACT! 6.0 and have then share information or do I need to purchase a special version.

Goal is to have a central datasource on our 2000 server and the clients read or sync with that source.

Reading the website and related documents has not made this clear and the sales group is pushing me at the corporate licensing packages.

Help?

Jonthan A Black

Hello jabhawk,
From my understanding you will need to have 1 copy of ACT! for each person.

I have set up a number of systems like this and that is what I have done.

Regards,
Michael

Further review backs you up. I have been asked to see if seperate copies are needed or if it can be tested with one copy on two machines to evaluate the application.

We do not want to invest a large amount in this unless we can prove that our environment can support the tool as they plan on using it.

Once tested we would purchase the nessasary licenses of course.

Jon

Jonthan A Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back