Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT! 6.0.1 Outlook 2000 Outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2003
US
Email is getting stuck in my outbox.
I open ACT!, then ACT! email, then Outlook 2000, create an email in ACT!, click send, goto Outlook and click send/rec. This works for a maybe an hour, then the emails I create just stay in the outlook outbox, even after clicking send/rec.
I set up Outlook 2000 as Internet Mail Only (IMO) because we don't use MS Exchange and I need to emulate the out of office assistant with the message rules. If I change Outlook 2000 to Corporate or Workgroups (CW), will I not lose my message rule ability and am I not guaranteed a fix for sending email?
At wits end,
Amy

I am having this issue also. Have you figured out how to fix it yet? I am researching it but have had no luck.

soniataylor,

It was a user issue. I have him trained to follow these steps and he's been happy.

Open ACT! first, it likes to be the boss
Open Outlook 2000
Create email in ACT!
Click Send -- DO NOT click anywhere else.
Go directly to Outlook
Click Send/Receive
Go to ACT! press F5 to refresh

The user (when I wasn't around to see) would click on his outbox in ACT! before Outlook could send it. This extra step changed the email somehow and it lost it's way.

Hope this helps,
Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back