Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT 2009 contact db stored on file server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacgrover

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2006
Good evening from Wisconsin,

I have been using ACT! since version 2000, then jumped to 2007 several years ago, on my primary business machine running Windows XP Pro w/SP3. Now my office manager needs access to the same database to schedule appointments, add/modify contacts, etc.

In response to a mailer we received from Sage, I called up and talked to one of the sales reps about getting two licenses for ACT 2009 with the explicit understanding that the main database would be moving on to a file server and needs to be accessed by both of us.

So I installed ACT on her machine today, copied the database over to the file server, and attempted to access the database from the file server. ACT tells me that the database needs to be locally installed.

How do I configure the database so that we can both access it, before I move it to the file server?

Thank you in advance,

--
Isaac Grover, Owner
Quality Computer Services of River Falls, Wisconsin
Web:

Our company uses a Linux server running Samba for all our file-sharing needs. We don't necessarily need support for this, we just need to know how it can be done.

--
Isaac Grover, Owner
Quality Computer Services of River Falls, Wisconsin
Web:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back