Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT! 2007 (v9) - OLE DB - tables question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMS95

Technical User
Jun 5, 2007
GB
Hi,

I have the base version of ACT! 2007 which allows access to its tables using OLE DB in MS Excel.

I can link this up to MS Access to give me pretty decent reporting options as the built in reporting is too weildy for what I want.

I have one big question - I can extract the contact/customer history table and all is good - except for one big thing - the history record appears to carry no link to contact or customer. I can't find any unique identifier in the record at all.

Have I missed something? How can I link customer/contact to history records using OLE DB??

The ideal solution would be to upgrade to ACT! for Workgroups and use the Reader Utility - but that seems an awful lot of expense to go to. I realise that there are add ons that can be bought, but if the tables are accessible from Access or Excel and can be linked then there's no need to spend the cash.

Any advice greatfully received.

I haven't played with it for History, but you also can't see activites in OLEDB...

I usually use Crystal Clear Reports which gives you everything in Crystal

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back