Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Act 2007: App Errors when Deleting Contacts/Changing Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravynchips

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2007
GB
Running: ACT!2007 (9.0) v9.01.162,Hotfix 3

I'm getting the following error message when performing the following simple tasks in Act. I've reported the errors to Sage but they seem unable to give me a solution.

The Error Message:
"The application has encountered an error and has been shut down. Would you like to report the error?"

It occurs EVERY time I try and delete a contact, whether it be individualy or several tagged contacts. After Act is restarted the contacts have not been deleted.

Also, we regularly create lookups of several contacts to bulk change the ID/Status field to save time. Act will change the field values but, again, gives the above error message and shuts down.

I've kept Act updated and applied the lastest hotfixes in hope that it would resolve the problem but to no avail. These are pretty basic straight forward tasks, has anyone else suffered with this problem? has anyone found a solution?

Thanks in advance,
Loz

Do the errors happen in the demo database?
Are you a stand-alone user or on a LAN?
If on a LAN, do other users have the same issue?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Hi Mike

No, we're using a full version on a LAN; 1 host PC and 2 clients sharing the database on the host.

The problem occurs on all 3 pc's.

Hi Mike, Sorry I see what you mean now.

I've just tried deleting a singular contact and a batch of contacts in the Demo database and the error did not occur on either occasion.

And you still get a crash when deleting from your database?

It sounds like there is some corruption in the data.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP

Then do a Compress/Reindex and the repairs in ACTDIAG

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back