Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT! 2005 email client duplicates email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinobrago

Technical User
Dec 8, 2001
US
I have come across a very strange problem.

For _one_ particular contact, the ACT email client doubles the email address when sending an email.

That is, you are composing a new email, you type in the contact name and boom it shows up twice in the To: field. If you delete one, it come back when you change focus.

I have tried rebooting, deleting the contact and creating it new. And it only happens on this particular contact. It puts it into the contact history twice. I don't know if it sends the email twice. The email stayed in the Outbox until I deleted that particular contact.

This was not the most recent contact that I put into system.

????

Any ideas what the heck is happening here?

Thanks,

Dean

This is clearly a bug. The only difference with this particular contact is that the person had a compound first name "Juan Carlos". The window pops up that asks what his first name is and I select "Juan Carlos". Subsequently, the email always comes up twice in the address field of an email.

I changed his first name to Juan, the problem went away. I changed his name back to Juan Carlos and it works fine.

This seems to happen with any person with a compound first name as I repeated it with Zif Davis Smith.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back