Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT! 2005 - Contacts Public to Private 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRB-Bldr

Programmer
May 17, 2001
US
Unknowingly I created a number of contact entries and did not have them set Private.

I have searched the web and the Sage ACT! forums for an answer and have not found one yet. And I cannot find an easy-to-find menu option to assist me.

How to you change an already entered Contact (not just the Note(s), History, etc.) to Private from its default Non-Private (Public???) status?

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thank you,
JRB-Bldr

I don't think this was an option in ACT! 2005.

In later versions, you select the Lookup of the contacts you want to change
Then: pull down the Contacts menu and select Edit Contact Access

For ACT! 2005/2006 that didn't have this function, here's an add-on that should do it for you:

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

Thanks for the information.

I only have about a dozen entries to change so it is questionably worth the cost of having to purchase some add-on.

And, NO, I do not find the Edit Contact Access in my version 2005.

But it was reasonable to expect this capability (i.e. Turn Private ON/OFF) to be present in anything which has the capability to set something PRIVATE.

Thanks,
JRB-Bldr

To do it one record at a time:
Contact Access information is found under the Contact Info tab in the Contact Detail view. Use this section to edit Contact access for a single contact from the Contact Detail view

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back