Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT 11.0 Exports to Excel; Link Opportunity to Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlb55

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2009
US
I have exported both ACT Contacts and Contact Opportunties to Excel through an ODBC connection. My problem; how do I relate the Opportunity to the Contact? There does not seem to be a foreign key or Contact Name in the Opportunity entries downloaded.

Anyone have helpful tips here?

Opportunities can link to multiple contacts, multiple companies and multiple groups... you need to get the additional tables.

I usually find it easiest to do exporting with itExport, which puts it all together for you.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

Hi,

Looking to upgrade to 2009 from 2007.

During install, most computers did ok except for sever [xp pro] where the sql install gave an error in the last few seconds of the install [based on what i saw with the other computers that worked] with the error saying something about an instance of the user existed!!! All theses computers had act 2007 installed previouslty.

Noticed that sql manager only shows act7 as database on server.

1. does act 2009 use the same database server as 2007 and therefore shows Server/ACT7 on sql server service manager screen [same as 2007 name]?

2. eventghough the install of sql failed, act installed ok and all database functions on the server work fine with a database i created. If everything is working, do i need to worry about problems happening later?

3. Is there anyway to install the server on microsoft server 2000?

4. i noticed 2009 now allows you to do automated backups and relationships. Do you think 2009 is much superior to 2007?

thank you for your help

First, you should have posted a new thread. However:

1. ACT7 has been the instance name since ACT! 2005 (7.0)

2. Difficult to say... if there's no problems in use, it's probably OK

3. Windows server 2000 hasn't been supported by Microsoft or Sage for a few years.

4. Yes, in many ways. It's faster, more reliable and better in pretty much every way

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back