Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACSLS Control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

braunie

MIS
Feb 23, 2000
US
We are considering the purchase of an L700 that will be used for mainframe and open systems backup needs. the ACSLS is required for this to work(we will have probably CA's Advanced Storage Option on the open systems side and then the mainframe software for the mainframe). <br>
<br>
What kind of gotchas (scalability, response, timing, single point of failure...etc) can I expact

UnOfficially STK dont support High Availability on the ACSLS servers but it has been impemented successfully on a few sites that I have seen, the dBase has an option to have it backed up and or journalled,&nbsp;&nbsp;the ACSLS server itself needs to be alittle grunty if you are really going to push some high mount numbers but basically it sits there and humm's in the corner, especially since we went up to ACSLS 5.3.2 which drastically improved our network reliability, I have yet to use the new Library Monitor software and I beleive that they have 5.4 available now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back