Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS R7 ORANGE LIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

USRepair

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
US
Hi,

I have an ACS R7 that goes direct to an orange light when powered up. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Thank you,
Kevin

A couple of thoughts:

If the processor is installed inside of a 5 module holder, power the system down, disconnect all wiring, remove the processor and then power the processor directly from the AC line cord.

Does the same thing happen? [ponder]

Is/are there a PC card(s) inserted into any of 2 front slots? If so, which cards are they? If you power down, remove the cards and power up, what happens? [ponder]

There is a chance that the processor is bad, but isolating the processor will prove or disprove that.

Other members may have other ideas and post them so stay tuned!

Can't tell you the number of times that when I've encountered a processor with weird lights, or humming/buzzing power supplies, in a carrier, that plugging the power cord into the processor finished the job!!

If it's a bad power supply, there is nothing that will make it better except for replacing the PS or module.

But the first test would be to power off, pull all the extra modules and cards, and try again.

Hi,

The processor is on the bench (direct ac plug in-no carrier)with no PC Cards and the Power supply has been verified good. I didn't know if maybe this was common fault solved by a patch or something similar.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Was the processor acting this way right out of the box? Was the processor purchased new from an Authorized Avaya Business Partner or was it an eBay/Internet purchase?

It is a used one I acquired, it was acting that way out of the box. Does the orange light have any meaning beyond "it's not working"?

I'd say that the processor is just plain old defective.

Try to get a refund and then purchase a brand new processor through an Authorized Avaya Business Partner. "REV K" is the latest software level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back