Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS R6 goes off hook by itself, we're haunted

Status
Not open for further replies.

macsfo

Technical User
Oct 7, 2004
I have a Partner ACS R6 with 3 308 exp. cards; the system has a total of 11 lines and 20 stations and is about 2 years old. We have a mix of phones we're using, mostly 34D sets, a few 18 & 18D's and a couple of old Endeavor phones. There seems to be an intermittent problem with one of the extensions which started about 3 months ago. The secretary at x 33 reports that all of a sudden she’ll hear a recording from the CO “Please hang up now” then the CO reorder tone. This comes over the phones speaker. This happens when her phone is idle. Sometimes other phones in the office are in use, sometimes not. She never hears a dial tone, just the reorder recording and tone. The phone is idle when this happens and she says no line button is lit. We do use the HFAI feature on the intercom, but the problem seems to happen if the feature is on or off. The vendor is stumped, he’s checked the lines and reset the system but we still have the problem. Neither he or I can duplicate the event. As of this morning we’ve replaced the phone. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

I've seen station ports go bad on ACS's that exhibit these symptoms. Usually you'll see a line go active and then hang up periodically. Only fix is to replace the bad module and send it off for repair.

Brian Cox

Thanks Brian, so you're saying I have a bad 308 exp card or do you think it's the actual processor?

Thanks! MAC

Trying a different phone in ext 33's place would be the first move. I have seen people take a wall phone and put it on a desk and not turn the clip under the handset around causing the phone not to hang up correctly.

This might not be related, but we also received a batch of phones (18D) where the hookswitch wouldn't hang the phone up.

Turns out the circuit board behind the hookswitch was coming loose. I had about 5 of these so far.

May not be the problem here, but I thought I'd let you know.

(Our supplier has decided to test each one before ending it out and even hot-glue something back there to prevent this from happening)

Anyone else see this?

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

macsfo,

It could be a bad port on any module in the system. If you can isolate the trouble to one station try swapping phones to see if the trouble stays with the station port or follows the phone.

We've also seen a rash of new 18D's with switchhook problems, mostly they will work on speaker, but won't go off-hook when picking up the handset.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back