Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acs r5 no music on hold port!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcdan1523

Technical User
Feb 14, 2003
US
Is there a way to add MOH to a Partner ACS r5 with no MOH port?
Maybe tip and ring?
Thanks.

This is the first one I ever saw w/o MOH. No marking on the processor and just a blank plat where the RCA jack should be located.
The vendor said I did not request that option. I wasn't aware that was an "option".
Unfortunately this had been in place for a year before the store told me it doesnt have MOH, so I don't have much recourse to the Avaya business partner.

As far as I know, MOH has been an included feature on the ACS processors from day #1.

My guess is that the processor is possibly an old Partner 206 which needed a coupler connected to port #15 to provide MOH.

Here is a link to the part in question:

Go to a display phone and hit "feature 59" and report what comes up on the display.

"This is the first one I ever saw w/o MOH. No marking on the processor and just a blank plat where the RCA jack should be located."

Are you sure you're not looking at a 308 expansion card instad of the Processor? The 308's have the same case as the processor, then have a cover installed where the MOH and PC cards would be located.

Are you sure you're not looking at a 308 expansion card instad of the Processor? The 308's have the same case as the processor, then have a cover installed where the MOH and PC cards would be located.

I didnt think a 308 could be used a as a stand alone like a 206 ?

thanks brian , they say you should learn something new every day , so now I got today coverd[thumbsup]

A point of clarification. I know you can use a Partner ACS processor as a stand alone.

Maybe I am mis-reading exsmogger's reply, but does the reply indicate that you can use a 308 EC as a stand alone? I don't think that would work. [ponder]

I'm thinking that it might be an ACS and a 308 in a 2-slot carrier, which puts the 308 on the outermost side of what you see. Maybe just missing the Processor up against the wall?

exsmogger is exactly correct. After reading your information and having the store manager provide a little more detail, he verified that the spot was labeled and it was just missing the RCA jack. It must have broken off and fell inside. I have a spare r5 processor I am going to send down to him since this was installed nearly 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back