Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS R 7 Incoming Caller ID issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2004
US
Hi all. I just got my ACS R7 system setup with the basics. One issue I am having is that when I can into the office, the caller ID is not displayed on the phone display. Is there something I need to enable to display incoming call id?

You don't have to program anything to see incoming CID. But you have to remember that it comes between the 1st and 2nd ring. If you're still having the Auto Attendant problem in your other thread, calls are being answered too soon to capture the CID. Set the AA to at least 2 rings to get it.

I have another strange issue. The caller ID comes in. The users can see it. But when they try to scroll through the caller id logs, they are blank. Is there a setting that says to store or not store the caller id?

This feature worked till verizon came in and made some changes due to issues they were having. I don't see how its a system issue, but maybe it is.

Thanks for the help.

Well, the CID only logs for the extension that answers the incoming call, as well as ONE extension can be set to log ALL calls. Then there are settings for which extensions will log which lines as well.

Check #317, Caller ID Logging
#318, Caller ID Extension and Lines
#319, Caller ID Log All Calls

To add to TTT make sure the buttons you program to have a light. Or the log and CID will not come up.

I believe each individual set needs to be set to ring audibly as well. I seem to remember sets that were set to NO RING on the specific lines did not display CID.

all of the above are correct. also make sure the caller id is actually present at the demarc. if it is the it may be a line issue. i have experenced in the past when a line is stressed from the carrier the caller id will not be of an exceptable format and the partner will not understand it and there fore will not pass it.

ACA & ACS IPO Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back