Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS backup and restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonuteklists

Technical User
Jul 20, 2004
US
Forgive me if this was the wrong place to post this question and let me know the correct place to post it.
I am running a Cisco Secure ACS server for authenticating VPN users from the CISCO VPN server. Everything works fine. I use the ACS Backup tool which creates a dump file (I guess with user info and other settings).
I am not sure if the restore will restore everything including the user passwords and their group info. I dont have a test environment I can test this and I cant mess with the production server. Does anyone know for sure that ACS restore of the dump file restores all the user settings including the passwords.
Kindly advise asap !!
Thanks.

hi,
look at :

here you will find following :

Components Backed Up
The ACS System Backup feature backs up the Cisco Secure ACS user database and information from the Windows Registry that is relevant to Cisco Secure ACS. The user database backup includes all user information, such as username, password, and other authentication information, including server certificates and the certificate trust list. The Windows Registry information includes any system information that is stored in the Windows Registry, such as NDG information, AAA client configuration, and administrator accounts.

... by the way : it runs because when you upgrade acs from 3.0 to 3.2 you also must import the backup (we tried this);

regards
spider62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back