Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS 509 no caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
Just ran across my second 509 processor in a month(at two different locations), that the caller ID just stopped working.
We put an older caller ID box on the lines & we get caller ID on that.
Then we even put a cordless phone (caller ID compatible) on their lines & that worked.
I've installed 1000s of these & know there isn't any programming needed, as long as the phone is programed to ring.
Just seeing if anyone else ran across this before???

Like I said earlier, these are two different businesses, in two different towns.
However they do have the same cable company providing their analog lines.

I have a guy tonight that is going to replace the processor at one of the locations & see what happens.
Just thought I'd ask if there is a known problem???

Thanks

Legacy AT&T/Lucent/Avaya systems require Caller ID signals adhere to Bellcore standards as CLECs were not prevalent at that time. Consumer equipment tends to be more forgiving when it comes to slight variations.

It was noted that both locations use a common cable company (as opposed to the RBOC/LEC). I would guess that the provider made some change so that Caller ID is now out of Bellcore specs.

I would open trouble tickets on behalf of both customers and have the service provider make whatever changes are needed to get Caller ID working again on the Partner systems.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

I have replaced 509s because the CID didn't work after working for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back