Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrserve V.9 Database more than 1.2 G

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackps

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
HK
Dear all
This morning i got a message from my supervisor saying that the capacity of c:\ had gone down and less than 500MB left.
so i browse around the program file as it is the largest size with c:\, then i found out that the database inside ca directory had cause more than 1.3G.
I had setup a DB purning in Acrserve v.9 to run at every morning. how come the database still so large?
when i browse through the folder "database", it got a couple of files like :
Astpsdat.000
Astpsdat.001
Astpsdat.002
Astpsdat.003
which the size of these files are more than 200MB each, can i delete them or i got to set something from Acrserve v.9 to get them away?

Could someone please give me a hand on this?

Thx alot

Jack

Hi,

These astpsdat files are the database files. They contain the information you see when you browse the "Restore" menu and see all the files that are backed up.

You shoudl allow at least twice the DB size in free space on the disk. Pruning doesn't actually delete space on the disk. It just marks the space and free.
Please see the following link for CA's recomended DB maintenance. They must be followed exactly as they say. Many people run some of them and don't see loads of free space and jump to the conclusion that they don't work.

I hope this helps.

Matt

Sorry I see you are using ARCserve 9. Those instructions were for ARCserve 2000. They not be 100% relevant in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back