Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acrotray

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkee35

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
GB
I've been having an issue with Acrobat v 5.0.5 for a while now; basically when converting an office document to PDF via the menu within Office XP (or using the 'convert to PDF' icon) the print will proceed but halfway through i get an error in the Acrotray, which crashes, yet the print is successful.

But, then if i try to convert another document it wont, and i cannot use it again without a full restart of Windows (XP SP2). I've looked for help on Adobe's site but although it seems to be a known issue there is no cure thus far.

I have tried installing to just 5.0, installing and upgrading to 5.0.5, converting a simple document to see if that works, without any luck.

What i have discovered though is that if i use the PDFWriter driver (which you have to add to the default profile upon installing) then i have no issues at all with conversions (except any bookmarks etc have to be rebuilt within acrobat).

Any ideas appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back