Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Across multiple servers/firewalls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trow16

Technical User
Apr 3, 2007
US
I was trying to set up a way to have remote access to my dorm room computer, basically from anywhere on campus, when I ran into multiple problems. First, the campus computers and personal computers run on separate networks. Second, I can't even ping my dorm computer (therefore making it seemingly impossible to use Windows RDC). When I tried TightVNC, I could be seen by myself and my roommate (I didnt try anyone else), but the web access part of it (the only way to access it without installing VNC on every machine) depends on having an IP address that is accessible, which mine isnt. I was told no ports are blocked, but I can do nothing about port forwarding, since I can't access the routers. Is there anything I can do about this, preferably for free? Thanks all.

Logmein.com

Create the account on your personal computer and then you can access it from anywhere.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back