Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acronis License Server xml file

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcdaniel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2006
US
I am using Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 Imaging software. I have 6 licenses that I have used on 6 identical computers used for editing. Recently I have purchased 6 new machines that will take the place of the 6 i have now. I have been in contact with my sales rep who has given me as much information as he is able to (by contract I'm assuming). What Acronis wants you to do is to purchase these licenses everytime you change to different computers. The problems lies with the MAC addresses of each of the NICs. Each one is "tied" or associated to one license. If you want to take a computer out of commission and replace it like I'm needing to do you are told by customer service that it is not doable. My sales rep told me there is an xml file that holds the information of the Acronis License Server that if it gets deleted I can reuse those licenses. If anyone knows where that file is and what it is named I would be grateful!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back