Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat Reader 7 and Select All option

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen1

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
I noticed when I try to do a "Select all" on an 80 page document in Acrobat 7 to highlight the text and copy it to the buffer, It only highlights the 1st page! :(

In the version 6, "Select all" highlights all 80 pages.

Any idea?
TIA

Not knowing more about this pdf it could depend on how it was made. If it was made as individual pages and then put together it could only pic up pages one at a time. Or if they were scanned in as graphics then saved to pdf it could cause this. Also one more way this could happen is if the file was sheet which were scanned by a scanner and them saved as a pdf. Some scanning software will only do it as individual pages which will not flow in a text file or a pdf.
You can send me the file and I will check it out to see if I can figure it out or send me more info if you know how the orginal info was put in to the pdf.
Thanks
Pamela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back