Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat "Printer" Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott24x7

Programmer
Jul 12, 2001
JP
All,
I have an application that is written in Visual FoxPro that when I select "Adobe PDF" as the "Printer" when printing out a document, that it hangs on. I have asked this question in the VFP forum, but it smells of Acrobat, and after several days, no one has answered there, so I thought I might try here.
It works fine if I print to Word or Excel or PowerPoint, so I'm not sure why it would not work from a application that is writtin in VFP? Could it be something funky with the report format that VFP outputs? (Just thinking out loud). I was always under the impression you could print ANY content to Acrobat, which was well, the whole point of Acrobat!
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Since you can print pdfs from all other apps except this particular won, it's definitely the app that's causing the problem. If the app has the ability to Save As is some other format, try saving to the other format and see if it prints.

Also see if there are any updates available for the app..

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

jmgalvin,
Yeah, I'm of the same mindset, which is why I posted it in the Fox forum. Had hoped that maybe someone has experienced similar problems with other applications. I've been a Fox developer for years, and I wrote the reports that it uses... it's nothing fancy, and crashes with all reports.
In this case, I can print to a printer, but have no other "output" options, and I need to be able to send the report electronically... printing to file doesn't work in this case, because there are graphics involved as well... so, still looking for a solution. Thanks much for your comments.

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back