Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat print driver settings to create pdf with enough edges/margins

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1127

Technical User
Jan 28, 2005
US
When I print documents using Acrobat print driver, it creats pdf file all the way to the very edge of pages. So if I print the pdf file to HP printer, the margin area are cut off, if I forget to change Page Scaling to "Fit to Printable Area"

Is there any way to change Acrobat print driver settings to create pdf with enough edges/margins?

How are you creating PDF images? If using Word or Excel or similar, you would set the margins in the original document, and then when you create the PDF, it prints just like it would if you printed it from the original application. What you're describing is the way it's always worked for me - margins created in original document.
When I'm working with images converted from microfilm of document, I don't worry about the margins, and when I print, Reader or Professional lets me choose 'current View' or current page, and with current page, I can choose the 'fit to page' option.
How are you creating your PDF's ?

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back