Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat on our server

Status
Not open for further replies.

needavaya

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2010
CA
I have it installed on our server so everyone can use it. But I have to constantly change the permissions in the registry for the users to be able to use it.

Do you know anyways for the changes to stay? The version is 8.

Thank you!

Acrobat Standard and Pro are single-user products. I have an old product, Acrobat Capture Cluster server, that was designed for use in a workgroup - drop off documents in an input folder, pick up the PDF's in a corresponding output folder. Workflows configured for each folder pair, what type of input file, if an image, whether to OCR or not, etc.
For your situation, if the cluster product isn't available, install Acrobat 8 on a single workstation that's normally unattended, share a public Documents folder with everyone on the network, and let folks drop their input into the public folder on it, then Terminal Services in, do their work, disconnect, and pick up their work from the mapped folder.
Or just buy your users each a copy of Acrobat Standard, or CutePDF or any of the variety of products that will create PDF's now. Some MS Office 2007 and 2010 products will do it right out of the box...

Fred Wagner

Just saw a banner ad right on this site, for Foxtab, a product for creating PDF's - might be worth investigating....

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back