Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat changing font

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnjulie

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
CA
I am bringing in a file from Illustrator (pdf) and one font is changed by Acrobat when the file is opened.

How can I adjust so that Acrobat uses the same font as the file was designed with in Illustrator?

I suppose there is the option of embeding the font when you export the pdf file from Illustrator. That should correct it...
I'm having the same problem with Freehand 10. I've been looking everywhere for a solution but it seems to be an unusual problem...
In my case, I can export well from Illustrator even without the fonts embeded, but it only allows me a single page in pdf. Freehand, allows lots of pages but it changes some of the characters and it doesn't allow most of the fonts.
I'm wandering if it has to do with the operating system. I'm using Win2000 and you?

Can anyone give a tip on this thing?

If Acrobat can't find the font you originally used in Illustrator or FH10 it will substitute a screen font. It also won't tell you that it is doing this (no error mssg or anything). Try exporting as a postscript file from your native application. Embed all fonts and subset at 100%. Then create your PDF with Distiller. I have been told that this is a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back