Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACROBAT caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.DLL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkN

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2000
GB
"ACROBAT caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL" message keeps appearing in Acrobat 4.0. I have uninstalled and re-installed the application and cleared out all .tmp files but problem persists. Does anyone have any ideas? [sig][/sig]

I am having the same problem, in fact I also get the error that it cannot find the pdf file even though I am double clicking the file itself to open it. If i try to create a pdf from another document i get the kernel32.dll error at the end of the process and it locks up. Help, I have tried everything from deleting my password list, replacing the dll file and deleting temp and applog. Nothing works.

Make sure you're running the latest version of Acrobat (Reader v4.05c or Acrobat v4.05 update 2). If you are and still have problems try installing Microsoft Text to Speech Engine from - sounds like an odd thing to do but it often works. Can also be a video driver issue - check you've got the latest version.

hth
John

I had removed the text to speech and that let my program work. Now that I read the reply I have reinstalled it and it still works. Maybe it was an old version. Thanks.

I have this problem on one PC. It has IE 5.5, SP1. Acrobat 4.05c, MS Text to Speech Engine, and the latest video driver.

The error is intermittent and seems to occur only at certain web sites when trying to open linked PDF files.

Any additional ideas are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back