Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat 9.0 toolbar disappeared in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocb

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2003
NO
The Microsoft Word Toolbar and menues for converting docs to pdfs are gone. Word2003 and Acrobat 9.0.

Have searched the hard drive for pdfmaker.dot without success. Finds pdfmword.dll in the pdfmaker folder. Is this the right file instead of pdfmaker.dot? How do we connect the addins from the harddrive to word again? In word - tools addins, we only search for dot's...

...in my experience, there is an option in acrobat to repair acrobat installation, i speak for mac here so imagine there is a PC equivalent...

...on mac it is under the help menu in acrobat 8, i don't have 9 as yet so no idea if adobe have moved it...

...but anyway, this feature can reinstate lost pdf printers and export functions for word as you describe...

Andrew

I solved it. Made a new profile under c:\documents and settings\%username% and logged on the user again, on a new profile.

Could be fun, to know exactly which part of the profile that did this gargle. Tried to delete Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Word and deleted the reg-settings current user\software\misrosoft\office\11.0\data without success.

But then again, most of such errors have something to do with the profiles... Just where...?

If you want to troubleshoot the bad profile a little more, there are plug-ns in Office that get disabled when they crash.

In Word 2000-2003, go to Help->About Microsoft Office Word XXXX
If anything has been disabled, there will be a button to click on and enable the plug in again.

In Word 2007 go to the Office Button-> Word Options-> Add-Ins
At the bottom of the Window you want to manage the disabled add-ins and click go.
Anything that has been disabled by Office can be re-enabled.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back