Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat 7 open in IE or Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs

MIS
Apr 6, 1999
US
MF XP on W2k sp4. Users cannot seem to change the open in Acrobat 7.05 reader to open PDF in the browser or not. If I do this as admin, the installer will start to launch, then error out with Error 1327: invalid drive. I get the same error if in install mode.

R.Sobelman

Try doing it locally on a workstation and note which key gets changed in the registry. Then change the corresponding one in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Terminal Server/install/softwre/Adobe....

Get the users to login and it should be sorted.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I did. There is only one change to HKCU keys. Most are done by msinstaller and involve HK_Classes_Root, some CLSID changes and some HKLocal_Machine. I tried to duplicate that with a reg file, but to no avail.

I'm not inclined to play with those settings on working servers. The use of msinstaller I think came with version 7.x, as I don't see this behavior in 6.x.

R.Sobelman

Hmm the other tricks I have used is to set permissions on CLSID (beware) and running DCOMcnfg to set default launch bpermissions. But they were genreal rather than adobe specific.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back