Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat 6 Pro - create e-mail link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

MIS
Jun 19, 1999
US
I've been unsuccessful in creating an active e-mail link in a PDF. Links to URLs .... just fine. But I'd like a reader to click on a link (not unlike in Word, for example) to open a new e-mail message window. Is this possible? And, if so ... can you guide me through the steps?

Thanks!

This can be done very easily. You mentioned that you have no problem linking to URLs - using the link tool I assume. If you do the same but specify the URL as mailto:someone@something.com it will generate an email window.

Hope this helps.

Rule Britannia, Britannia Waives the Rules

Thanks, Murgle! I notice that, when clicking on that e-mail link, a new message window opens just as I would expect it to. But returning to the PDF and clicking on the same e-mail link again opens a browser, with a message that it couldn't find the page. Going back to the PDF and double-clicking on the same e-mail link opens the message window.

But if I wait (for what seems like it must be at least one minute), a single-click will open the new message window.

Does that sound familiar to you?

That's not something that I've come across - I can click on the link as many times as I like and a new email window is generated each time. Maybe it is something to do with your email program - I use MS Outlook 2000. Alternatively, it could be that there are some differences between Acro 5 and 6 - I use 5.05.
Is it possible for someone with a different setup to try the same to see what happens?

Rule Britannia, Britannia Waives the Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back