Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACR 10.1.2 - Ident authentication failed for user "eware" issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymoo

Technical User
Feb 20, 2011
GH
Hi Guys,

I am Installing ACR 10.1.2 to interface and record selected calls from an Avaya CM 5.2.1 system. ACR version is 10.1.2 on RHEL 5.7 32bit.

I have followed all the steps outlined in the manuals and when I tried connecting to ACR via different browsers, both locally and from other PCs, I draw a blank.

Checking the acr.log file on the server gives the error:
FATAL com.swhh.cs.j.b - startService waiting due exception checking database FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "eware".

Any ideas/clues how to resolve this?

Thanks and regards

Tony

Systems & Communications Engineer

This looks like an issue with the eware account on the postgres DB this is normally created when ACR is installed. It is possible that the account has not been created or there is an issue with the postgresql service.

Check all the post tasks have been created in the ACR kickstart, check postgresql service is started and re-install cscm rpm making sure that the steps to create the DB are completed

Hi Reynolds,

Thanks for the response. I resolved this issue some weeks back - was exactly as you indicated. The necessary db had not been created in postgresql by cscm. Started everything from scratch and that was it.

Regards,

Tony

Systems & Communications Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back