Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Sterring problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meistwer

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I´ve just upgraded my machine with a new asus motherboard and amd athlon xp cpu. I did a clean installation on the hard disk of windows 98.
After install all the drivers and some software such office and other tools I went to system information in accesories to check out that there wasn´t nothing wrong on the pc.
In the field problem devices in components I found that it have few problems showing

ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Sterring

What´s that?. How can I resolve it?.
I ever saw it before.

Thanks a lot.

Have you installed the motherboard drivers. If so it may be worth installing them again. If that does not work, in device manager remove the offending item and reboot the system, windows will find it and reinstall. Help us to help you, please post back and tell us if this helped.

All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

ACPI is a BIOS-level power management function that performs operations via Interrupt Requests. It communicates with a Windows driver which performs IRQ steering - a method of sharing IRQs so that the system appears to have more than it actually does, and devices can share physical Interrupt Request Lines.

It is this driver that is missing/malfunctioning, and needs to be replaced.

Best way to replace it is as Mulga says - get the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back