Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACPI and Mouse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiteRuleR

Programmer
Jul 2, 2000
GB
After installing ACPI for my motherboard (Intel SE440BX BIOS revision P12), my PS/2 Logitech mouse has stopped working, i get the message &quot;The device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (code 24.) ¦¦ try upgrading the device drivers for this device&quot;<br><br>I have tried...<br>1. reinstalling the mouse drivers<br>2. reinstalling the motherboard drivers<br>3. changing the resources (12 is the only one mice can use)<br>4. using a different mouse<br>5. doing an auto update on the net<br>6. reinstalling windows<br><br>luckily i can use the keyboard as well as a mouse (well allmost) but i have now run out of ideas<br><br>i need help (and not from Microsoft who's default reaction is, quote, &quot;you will need to reformat your hard drive and reinstall windows&quot;)... i would really rather NOT have to do this as i have over 18Gb of files on my computer

hmm, have you tried going out and buying a cheapie 5$ serial mouse(one that fits into a Com 1/2 port) and trying that until you can figure out further problems, also check your hardware settings under Control Pannel-&gt; System -&gt; Device manager, it may be for some reason disabled, or has further info there. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>

Yeah, thanks for reminding me i have a bag of mice lying arround (20 serial, 3, PS/2, 1 USB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back