Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACL SIM QUESTION 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan0923

Technical User
Aug 1, 2007

PART 01-- LOOK FOR PART 2 SECTION PLS

Configuring ACL

Corp1>enable
Corp1#configure terminal

comment: To permit only Host C (192.168.33.3){source addr} to access finance server address (172.22.242.23) {destination addr} on port number 80 (web)
Corp1(config)#access-list 100 permit tcp host 192.168.33.3 host 172.22.242.23 eq 80

comment: To deny any source to access finance server address (172.22.242.23) {destination addr} on port number 80 (web)
Corp1(config)#access-list 100 deny tcp any host 172.22.242.23 eq 80

comment: To permit ip protocol from any source to access any destination because of the implicit deny any any statement at the end of ACL.
Corp1(config)#access-list 100 permit ip any any

AFTER I CONFIG PART 1 I NEED TO CHECK THE show ip interface brief command to identify the interface type and number by checking the IP address configured

SO I WENT TO Corp1(config)# SHOW IP INTERFACE BRIEF AND I WAS GETTING SOME ERROR

CAN ANY ONE PLS TELL ME THE REASON .

THANKX AGAIN

You have to exit back down to the privileged exec prompt for show commands...
Corp1(config)#exit
Corp1#sh ip int br

Burt

ohh yes i guess that is where i was making mistake thank you so much well i am planing to write it again on 29th of aug well will see how it goes.

Burt you are correct however in routers running 12.2.12 code or newer you can use the "do" command in config mode.

Corp1(config)# do show ip int bri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back