Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACL for Checkpoint Secure Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolly403

MIS
Jul 5, 2005
I have a Cisco 1841 w DSL card for my internet connecting router. It sits in front of a Checkpoint FW1 firewall...the checkpoint has a private ip address on it's external interface. The Cisco has basically two ACLs on it-one for all internal outbound traffic overloaded to Dialer1, and one inside source static port 25 from the FW external to the public IP for mail.

Question is, if I want to use Checkpoint's Secure Remote VPN client to establish a VPN from a remote client, what kind of ACL do I put on the Cisco?

Conversely, if I were to utilize Cisco's EasyVPN client and establish the connection to the Cisco, what type of rule would go on the Checkpoint FW?

Thanks much.
Brian

I had problems when I initially set up Checkpoint Clients behind a MS ISA 2004 server. I know this isn't strictly Cisco but the list of ports should be useful

IPSec ESP IP Protocol 50
IKE over TCP : TCP 500
SecureRemote Auth/CheckPoint Key Control : UDP 500
CheckPoint UDP Encapsulation : UDP 2746
CheckPoint: Topology port : TCP 264
CheckPoint: used for SecureClient's logon to Policy Server protocol : TCP 18231
CheckPoint: used for SCV keep-alive packets : UDP 18233
CheckPoint: used for SecureClient's Software Distribution Server download protocol : TCP 18232
CheckPoint: used for IPSec NAT-T : UDP 4500

This got it working but I had a problem that if the client didn't transmit any packets for a period of time it stopped working (my workaround was to ping a device behind the firewall from the client). I eventually solved this when I had a bit more time and added the following to the firewall rule:

CheckPoint RDP : UDP 259

To get Cisco's VPN Client to work you I needed to add on UDP port 10000 in addition to the ones above. I think IP Protocol 50, UDP 500, TCP 500 and UDP 4500 are required by the Cisco VPN client but these were already covered by the Checkpoint rule.

HTH

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back