Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACL and port assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTAZ

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2011
US
Hey all,
I'm no Cisco person (yet) but I've been assigned the task of configuring an asa 5505 with some basic setup and i'm having some problems. I'm hoping some of you guru's can lend me a hand.

first I set the static IP, and the ASA is not hosting dhcp, so i'm puzzled as to why I can't find anywhere to put the ISP's DNS info (if it's needed).

next I need to configure some port access for a certain device (e.g. 192.168.1.5) for both internal and external connections. I found ACL's and created some ACE's. Do these ACE's cover all traffic or do you need to assign the ACE to a port or vlan? I have it setup, i just don't know if it's doing anything or if i'm setup correctly. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Did you run the start up wizard?

also, there is a wizard that lets you open ports etc to a device you want public..... try that, and then look at the NAT and Firewall rules it creates to give you a flavour of what you need to configure in the future :)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back