Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ack too long and window frozens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

okretzer

Technical User
Jun 29, 2004
US
Im doing a sniff between a pc and a server, during this sniff (about 1 hours worth) i see 750 of "ack too long" and 100 window frozens. Are these problems or problems that are ok? i heard as long as i dont see any "retransmission" with the ack too long then its ok, is that true or are these 2 really a problem?

Reason i did the sniff was becuase the px has a batch process running on it that seems to hang on3 a week and with the sniffer trying to figure out why it is hanging.

Thanks for the info and help

Frozen windows is not inherrently a problem it is actually a throttle mechanism when things get busy . Ack too long could be a problem depending on what the problem is you are troubleshooting . You have to remmeber these values are general values the sniffer sets as to what a ack too long is supposed to be and believe these thresholds are modifyable if need be . Most people leave them as default and troublshoot from there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back