Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AcitveX EXEs and interfaces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRobson

Programmer
Jul 5, 2001
EU
Hi

Please bear with me on this one. I've just followed a tutorial to create an ActiveX EXE component. It works fine. I am able to automate my component from within another VB project (I haven't tried from VC++ yet) and it works standalone. One thing that confuses me is this: the class that defines the type library functions (that my client programs can call) doesn't have an interface in the usual COM style. That is, the tutorial simply created an ActiveX EXE project which creates a class by default. Functions were then added to this class. There was no specific interface created and no classes created which implemented this interface. I know he thing seems to work but, is this the correct way of doing this. Should an interface have been created with the current class implementing the abstract function of the interface?

Thanks for your patience/help

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back