Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACIS-7720 - Avaya IP Office™ Platform EXAM 77200X 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

csdav1s

Technical User
May 20, 2009
US
Buyer beware! I am 15 year vet of IP Office. I work as an AVAYA engineer for a midsize MSP. I have installed and serviced almost every model of every version there is except multi tenant hosted powered by. I have had every CERT they offer at some point or another. This EXAM is garbage! It does not test your technical aptitude of IP Office. It's full of questions and answers that do not have any business on a technical exam. Many of the 1 choice questions have more than 1 correct answer and some them have no good answer. The tough technical questions that are there have no business being on the basic exam and won't be valid at all once they end of life Powered by. There was a whole section of questions on Hosted multi-tenant installations using COM Manager, OSS, OSC, WebLM and SAL. On top of the crap exam there are no virtual courses offered for ongoing education to prep you for the exam. They want you to shell out $2,200 to get what? Course notes on content you don't even cover on the exam? What is AVAYA doing? It seems like they don't care about whether you know what you're doing as much just selling exams. Literally the only way to pass this test is to take it, fail and take it again using a different set of wrong answers. They better fix this if they are going to require it before you can get the ACSS.

Hi,
for preparation of Avaya IP Office exam 77200x what is required to clear?
I searched a lot on web nobody appeared before?

Avaya exams for technical accreditation is filled with sales questions.

If you take the exam make use of the comment section and let them know that they are idiots.
I usually spend more time writing the comments than with the actual test but I guess after banning me from their beta exams due to "excessive commenting" they ignore all my comments.

If I have a question about best pricing for a customer with certain requirements I want to jump out the window or even better throw the person that creates those exams out that window.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

I took it back in April and my experience at that time was different to Westi (above). My view is that an experienced and competent IP Office engineer should be able to pass this test with just some revision of the IPO install manuals. Based on earlier comments on this thread, I did revise all sorts of other stuff before I took the exam, but I didn't really need all the other stuff. But that is just my experience - others do appear to have had different experiences with this exam.

Hey all,

I am having the same issue. I have to take the exam but I cannot find any study materials and based on our experience and what everyone is saying, the exam is even tricky for us IPO Veterans.

Any recommendations on things to read to fulfill this curriculum?

-Identify configuration settings using the IP Office Manager.
-Identify the IP500v2 hardware and software components.
-Identify the IP Office 500v2 Editions and the different Server Editions.
-Identify the installation and ignition process for Server Edition.
-Utilize the Web Management for Server Edition.
-Access Manager, Voicemail Pro Application, and One-X Server using Web Management.
-Configure settings for users, hunt groups and trunks.
-Identify installation requirements for IP Office applications.
-Hardware, software and licensing requirements.
-IP Office Manager settings, including offline configuration.
-Describe the VoIP basic functionality.
-Configure SIP and IP Endpoints.
-Utilize System Security and the different access levels.
-Identify the use of System Alarms.
-Explain different monitoring and analysis methods using System Status Application (SSA) and Monitoring for trouble shooting.
-Describe the use of the Application Server.
-Identify the basic features of VoiceMail / VoiceMail Pro.
-Configure Call Flow in the Voicemail Pro.
-Summarize the functionality of one-X® Portal.

Hey Mike,

I only just came across this as I renewed my ACSS exam and was told I don't have the cert - and cannot raise cases - until I passed the ACIS....

The exams were pretty much identical so if you have study info for the ACSS then this will suit. Only difference I saw was that the new ACIS had actual Equinox references on it instead of the older exam with Communicator.

If you've passed the ACSS then the ACIS is no challenge, just the expense of your time and money.

Yes IPOLackey, my ACSS expires in February 2021 and I was told by someone at Avaya Learning that I cannot simply pass the new ACSS exam, I also have to pass the ACIS exam too.

ACIS is a requirement for ACSS so you need to pass both exams to get your credential.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I'm not sure what's with that, I've heard others also complain about it however, I took both 78200x and 77200x for my ACSS and did not have those questions about COM Manager, OSS, OSC, WebLM and SAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back