Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACIS-7720 - Avaya IP Office™ Platform EXAM 77200X 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

csdav1s

Technical User
May 20, 2009
US
Buyer beware! I am 15 year vet of IP Office. I work as an AVAYA engineer for a midsize MSP. I have installed and serviced almost every model of every version there is except multi tenant hosted powered by. I have had every CERT they offer at some point or another. This EXAM is garbage! It does not test your technical aptitude of IP Office. It's full of questions and answers that do not have any business on a technical exam. Many of the 1 choice questions have more than 1 correct answer and some them have no good answer. The tough technical questions that are there have no business being on the basic exam and won't be valid at all once they end of life Powered by. There was a whole section of questions on Hosted multi-tenant installations using COM Manager, OSS, OSC, WebLM and SAL. On top of the crap exam there are no virtual courses offered for ongoing education to prep you for the exam. They want you to shell out $2,200 to get what? Course notes on content you don't even cover on the exam? What is AVAYA doing? It seems like they don't care about whether you know what you're doing as much just selling exams. Literally the only way to pass this test is to take it, fail and take it again using a different set of wrong answers. They better fix this if they are going to require it before you can get the ACSS.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

This exam seems like a cash grab, which isn't surprising coming from Avaya.

I have the solution for this, go to avaya-learning and sign up for course number 77200t, it will expire at the end of March 2020 so you can take this test now and it does count towards earning the acss on IP Office, I just passed the acss exam but need this test for my re certification. This is a web based test and cost $72.90 to take, this way you will not have to take the aips 77200x exam.

Well, over the last couple of weeks I have done (and passed I am pleased to say) the new ACDS Midmarket design exam (37820X), the IPO ACIS (77200X) and the IPO ACSS (78200X). I already held the old version of each but needed to update them. I read the comments from csdav1s and decided to swot up on everything server edition and virtualised for the 77200X exam but still had concerns. However, when I took it, it was not really very different from the old AIPS exam I done a few years ago, so I passed with no problem. I guess that Avaya have either taken notice of concerns previously expressed (like by csdav1s) OR Avaya or PearsonVue had somehow mixed up the exams and have now fixed it. Either way, based on my experience, an experienced IPO engineer should have no problem doing the 77200X exam now. But maybe I shouldn't say things like that - just in case. For the record, I found the design 37820X the hardest by quite a margin and only just scrapped through that one.

It wouldn't be allowed by forum rules to post any questions copied from the exam.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Sorry ConnectCIT but I am not even sure what you mean by exam dump. It is a PearsonVue proctored exam so there is no possibility of copying the questions - even if you wanted to!

Something helpful that they now do is let you do the exam remotely rather than go to a centre. I done mine at home. However, it is still (rightly so) monitored and managed tightly. You have to send them pictures of the area surrounding your workspace, you and your ID; move everything out of reach (pens, paper etc) and ensure no interruptions (not even the Wife bringing you a coffee). They watch you and listen to you over your camera and microphone throughout the exam and it is done using their secure application (which doesn't let any other applications run at the same time) - so it really is strict exam conditions.

Apart from that, if you can't pass the exam with the knowledge you have, maybe you shouldn't be doing the exam... Swot up with the Avaya IPO Install manuals and then give it a go and see how you do.

I found it difficult when I needed to re-certify my ACSS, just scraped a pass!

When I looked at the marking breakdown it was the Cloud and "Powered By" stuff that got me. All the rest is pretty straight forward as before. If you plan to take it swot up on the Cloud & Powered By!

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

Thanks and sorry for asking ...

i was thinking to double check of the Questions and answers. i know how to do exam online on Pearson VUE very well, i did three Aruba Exams there last month.

no one have rights to judge others ...

BTW, i Just pass the exam ...

Thanks ...

ConnectCIT - Well done on passing the exam. Sorry if you thought I was judging - that was not my intent. I was just trying to save you the cost of taking an exam if you thought you might not pass it and trying to offer some constructive input.

Ekster - I find your comments interesting as I didn't have any Cloud and 'Powered By' questions in my 77200X exam (despite swotting both beforehand). Indeed, the sections on my Score Report are:

Avaya IP Office™ Platform 500V2 and Server Edition Architecture
IP Office Configuration and Implementation
IP Office Administration
IP Office Applications and Clients
IP Office Troubleshooting

I took it on the 21st of April.

That's interesting, I took mine on 21st march 2020 and had:

Avaya IP Office™ Platform 500V2 and Server Edition Architecture
IP Office Configuration and Implementation
IP Office Administration
IP Office Applications and Clients
IP Office Troubleshooting
IP Office Cloud Solution

The "Powered By" was part of the Cloud section I think. It also had all the "COM Manager, OSS, OSC, WebLM and SAL" stuff mentioned earlier.

jazzWizzard said:
Do you have to take the Avaya course before taking the exam?

No, you can just go ahead and book the exam.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

JazzWizzard - No, you don't have to do the course - just leap in and do the exam. If it remains in the form that I had, an experienced IP Office engineer should do OK - but it is worth doing a bit of revising anyway. There is still a cost in doing the exam, so it is worth some effort to improve your chance of a pass.

What were the prices you folks had to pay for the exam? I need to get re-cert'd but don't have time or cash to run through the official course so I'm just going to challenge it. Hopefully I won't need to take it more than twice.

- Qz

You have to sign up at the learning portal. If I remember right it gives you pricing there.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I think it was $125.oo US dollars to take the exam

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

I am in The UK and paid £96 for the test. That was £80 plus £16 Vat. Book and pay through Pearson Vue, but it is all explained on the Avaya Learning site.

Just as a reminder there is a comment section (last time I did my ACSS test at least there still was)
so if you are unhappy with the question let them know it.

I did spend more time last time filling in comments than answering their stupid questions.
I especially hate the sales questions where they ask you which solution is cheaper to get the deals.
WTF has that to do with a technical certification?

I am banned from their Beta testing due to that reason. I started out commenting and then I got more and more angry about these sort of questions that at the end the F-bombs were just most of the wording in the comment section :)

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back