Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acesss frontend to Oracle database

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod1968

Technical User
Apr 17, 2001
GB
I have been asked to investigate providing an Access frontend to an Oracle database and I'm wondering if anyone can advise me how to do it or tell me the pitfalls. This project is in its very early stages and i don't have alot of information as yet.

If anyone can offer any assistance I would be most grateful.

I have worked with split databases in Access, with the data on remote servers but I am not sure of the way I could link to an Oracle database.

Just create an ODBC connection through Control Panel and then link your Oracle tables. If you make any changes to the table structures, you will have to drop the links and then recreate them. Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back