Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acess missing Text Import Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb9999

Programmer
May 23, 2003
US
I have both Access XP and Access 97 installed on a PC. Access XP was installed first. I have to have both versions due to an issue with an old database that won't work in XP.

It needs to use the Text Import drivers but they are not there for Access 97. I tried running the SETUPCD to see if I could install them but I could not.

Here is what I see (just to let you know exactly what the situation is). Start Access (XP or 97) and choose FILE:GET EXTERNAL DATA:IMPORT and click the dropdown next to "Files of Type". In XP I get lots of options, including the "Text Files" option. When I try the same in 97 all I have is ACCESS and ODBC, no "Text Files" options.

Can both versions of Access have their own separate drivers? Any suggestions on how to get the text driver working on my 97 install?

Thanks for any help.

rb9999

I never had a problem with test fields. However, when installing Access, you are given the option (specifically, when using the custom install) to address compatability issues - dBase, Paradox, Excel, etc...

I would run setup again, and either dothe full install or custom install. Since you are already running the two versions, you already know about installing to different directories and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back