Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acess Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronwmon

Programmer
Jul 13, 2007
US
I am trying to create a new database. This database will contain phone call records I download from our long distance provider, TW Telecom.

The file I get when I do the download is a .zip file. I attached that file to this message.

When I try to import the data in the .txt file that is inside the .zip file I have problems. If I do an import to a new table and change the field type of the “Call Date” field to text the import works exactly as it should.

I need to be able to do the same thing next month and import the new data into the same table that I created. When I try this I get an error on the Call Date field.

I am simply importing the .txt file and then trying to do it again, this should work but create duplicate entries.

I have done the initial successful import, deleted the data so the table is empty and tried to import the data and I get the same error.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Ron Wies

Are you saving and later using that saved Import specification? Are you specifying the column is text when you import it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back