Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acess denied to superdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrigof

Programmer
Feb 19, 2008
CO
Hi, recently ive been experiencing some trouble with superdrive in various MAC: Imac 21" and MACPro G5 PPC, im about to unsert the dvd disk but the disk door is closed there is a message in which i dont have enough permissions, so i have to log as an administrator.

ive repairing permissions but it seems to work sometimes, sometimes not.

anyone knows?

rodrigo

Since it's on 2 machines, I'm guessing that you did something, or transferred something from one machine, that is screwing things up.

Your post indicates that you generally work in a user account without admin privileges and that you have to login in as admin when you have the problem. If so, log in as admin and look at the user account that you normally use for restrictions. Depending on the OSX version it can be listed as parental controls or restrictions. With those restrictions you'll see things like burning cds/dvds. If that's the case, turn them off.

Another option is to go to hard drive/user/library/preferences and trash prefs for Finder. It's called com.apple.finder.plist. Then hit Command Option Esc on the keyboard to restart Finder. Best to do this with no other apps running.

I'm guessing that, since the problem is intermittent, that you have unintentionally introduced some other problem to the OS. Rather than pulling your hair out, it might be worth it to reinstall OSX using the Archive and Install option. It come up when you click the Options button on the first screen f the installer. Archive and Install keeps all your settings and stuff - so you don't lose anything. The see if the problem goes away.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back