Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acer P193W monitor displaying 'Input Not Supported'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondmusic

Technical User
Sep 19, 2009
I bought my Acer P193W monitor in October 2008 on a hire-purchase agreement. After many
problems with it the monitor was replaced in February 2009.

I have had no problems up until today. I came home to find the monitor displaying a black screen
with a small grey box moving diagonally around the screen which had the message ‘INPUT NOT SUPPORTED’. I
had to switch off my pc, check the cables were tight (they were) and I then switched my pc back on.
When it got to the account login page the monitor went blank then displayed ‘NO SIGNAL’ in a grey
box then the monitor went onto Stand-By. I had to switch the pc off and on again several times to
make it work.

I tried using the connection on the motherboard for my monitor but the graphics were bad and as
soon as I tried to change them I got the ‘INPUT NOT SUPPORTED’ message again.

I changed the display settings in the control panel but I am still having the problems. I tried another
Monitor (borrowed from a friend) which works fine.

PC specs are,

Windows XP Professional Operating System, Radeon 7000/Radeon VE Family graphics card (I think)
which is in a PCI slot, display settings are 1280 by 768 pixels. I did have it on 1280 by 1024 pixels
previously.

in the display settings, where you change the resolution, hit the Advanced Button, there under MONITOR change the refresh rate to 60 Hertz...

and if that does not work then download the latest driver for that ATI card and update the drivers... then do the above again...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

your native resolution is 1440 x 900

M. Knorr

MCSE, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back